2022 Danny Brower Memorial Scholarship
The Danny Brower Memorial Scholarship has been established by the department of Molecular and Cellular Biology in the College of Science to honor the professional accomplishments of Danny Brower, Professor and Scientist, for over 25 years at the University of Arizona. Danny took great joy in watching young students become captivated with scientific research, both in the laboratory and the classroom. In Danny’s own first year as an undergraduate student at Stanford University, he was enrolled in naval ROTC to help finance his education. Besides getting seasick, he soon discovered that there were other, better, ways to fund his interest in biology. Consequently, Danny was happy to provide research opportunities in his lab for numerous undergraduates and would be thrilled to know that this scholarship will help keep young scientists in the laboratory, instead of lost at sea. In addition to his many contributions to undergraduate education, Danny was widely recognized as an accomplished scientist and academician, as demonstrated by his numerous publications and service as the Department Head of Molecular and Cellular Biology.
Eligible students must:
- Be a UA undergraduate majoring in Molecular and Cellular Biology.
- Be currently involved in research.
- Be in good academic standing (have a cumulative GPA of 2.500 or higher)
- Demonstrate financial need (have been offered need-based financial aid).
To apply, submit the following items to Scholarship Universe (search for “Danny Brower”):
- Scholarship Universe application
- A personal statement addressing why this scholarship is important to you (two page maximum)
- An unofficial transcript
- One letter of recommendation from your research advisor/faculty
Application packets are due by 11:59 PM on March 14, 2022 on Scholarship Universe. Applications will not be reviewed if they are not submitted through Scholarship Universe. Award winners will be notified within one month of the application deadline. Search for this scholarship on Scholarship Universe.
Please direct questions to Kara Dyson at email@example.com.
Amanda Ruelas (Fall)
Amanda Warner (Spring)
Bennett Van Camp
David Maestas Jr.