Congratulations to the MCB undergraduate and graduate students selected as 2019 Galileo Circle Scholars!
The Galileo Circle is a community of engaged individuals who support the continued excellence of the College of Science at the University of Arizona. The Galileo Circle creates meaningful connections among patrons and scholars, including through seminars, lectures and scientific excursions.
Each spring, the College of Science selects students from throughout the College of Science for Galileo Circle Scholarships of $1,000 each. These scholarships are funded by the members of the Galileo Circle.
Galileo Circle Scholarship Application for 2019 is now closed
Eligibility Criteria for MCB Galileo Circle Scholars
Full-time MCB undergraduate or graduate major (including students graduating in May or August)
3.2 minimum GPA
One semester of research
Personal statement: one page maximum; include current research interests and future goals; please avoid using technical jargon
Resume: include education, honors/awards, grants/scholarships, research experience, professional affiliations, publications, community service
Letter of support: one letter of support from a college of science faculty member
Photo (jpg) suitable to share with donors
Thank you letter to Galileo Patron(s)
Poster Presentation (Optional)
RSVP for the Galileo Circle Scholars Celebration on April 15, 2019
- Galileo Circle Scholarship form 2019: please write legibly
- Personal Statement (1 page), please included current research interests and future goals; please avoid using technical jargon
- Résumé or CV, please include education, honors/awards, grants/scholarships, research experience, professional affiliations, publications, community service
- Letter of support from a College of Science faculty member
- Quality Photo (jpeg format)
Questions? Contact Kara Dyson at email@example.com.