Biology Course Transfer Evaluation

Courses You Plan to Take Outside of Arizona

If you plan to take introductory biology 1 at a school outside of the state of Arizona and transfer the units to The University of Arizona, you must obtain a transfer pre-approval. Instructions and forms can be found on the Registrar's Pre-Approval Webpage.
Once you have your school approved by the Registrar, use the form below to have the specific course(s) evaluated and approved for UA MCB 181R - Introductory Biology 1 and/or MCB 181L – Introductory Biology 1 Lab equivalency.
You must provide as much detail as possible about the content of the course(s) you plan to take. The more detail you provide about the course you plan to take, the easier it will be to determine its equivalency at UA.

Courses You Have Completed Outside of Arizona

For courses you have completed outside of Arizona, please use the form below to request an evaluation of the course(s) for UA course equivalency. You must complete all required fields. It is imperative that you provide adequate information about the content of the course to ensure a proper evaluation. If you do not provide enough information, your request will be rejected.


Courses You Plan to Take or Have Completed Within  the State of Arizona

If the course is from an Arizona community college or university, you do not need to have pre-approval. Please use the Course Equivalency Guide at the Arizona Transfer website ( to see how the courses will transfer to UA. If your class does not automatically have a direct UA equivalent, you must use the form below for proper evaluation.
NOTE: Once you complete the course, with a grade of “C” or higher, you must send the UA an official transcript or the credits will not appear in UAccess on your student record.

Form for Biology Course Transfer Evaluation