The Dottie Sams Research Awards are made possible by the generous bequest of southern Arizona community member Dottie Sams, in support of women studying STEM subjects.
MCB will award up two scholarships of $5,000 each in Spring 2019 to fund research projects starting in Summer or Fall 2019.
The 2019 application period is now closed.
- Female student
- Demonstrated financial need
- MCB Student (undergraduate or AMP)
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
- Personal Statement: one page, include brief outline of proposed research, including dates; future goals; how this award impacts research and other plans
- Unofficial Transcript
- Resume/CV: include education, honors/awards, grants/scholarships, research experience, professional affiliations, publications, community service
- Letter of recommendation from research advisor where research would take place
Our first Dottie Sams Research Awards were awarded in May of 2018. Congratulations to our winners!