Preparing for a career in science education, communication, or policy?
- The need to communicate science to the public has never been more important. Explore your interest through a combination of foundational training in MCB with coursework in communication, outreach, and education
- The Education & Communications Sub-Plan prepares students for a range of careers, including education, science writing, museum exhibit design, community outreach, and science policy and advocacy.
- Learn from experienced communicators and science education researchers, including UA Distinguished Outreach Faculty. Explore career options with faculty who are leaders in science outreach programming, patient advocacy, and teacher preparation.
- This sub-plan complements classes in cellular and molecular biology with specialized courses like Learning and Teaching Science: How to Make It Stick, Why is the Grass Green - Communicating Science to the Public, Science Journalism, and STEM Outreach and Recruitment Team.
- Students interested in obtaining a teaching certification can follow up this degree with a Master’s program, including Teach Arizona at the UA College of Education.
2022-2023 Catalog Year