What To Do To Get Admitted to Medical and Graduate School - presentation by Marc Tischler
DANNY BROWER MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
The Danny Brower Memorial Scholarship has been established by the department of Molecular and Cellular Biology in the College of Science to honor the professional accomplishments of Danny Brower, Professor and scientist for over 25 years at the University of Arizona. Danny took great joy in watching young students become captivated with scientific research, both in the laboratory and the classroom. In Danny’s own first year as an undergraduate at Stanford, he was enrolled in naval ROTC to help finance his education. Besides getting seasick, he soon discovered that there were other, better, ways to fund his interest in biology. Consequently, Danny was happy to provide research opportunities in his lab for numerous undergraduates and would be thrilled to know that this scholarship will help keep young scientists in the laboratory, instead of lost at sea. In addition to his many contributions to undergraduate education, Danny was widely recognized as an accomplished scientist and academician, as demonstrated by his numerous publications and service as the Head of Molecular and Cellular Biology.
Scholarship amount: $1000
- Eligible students must:
- Be a UA undergraduate majoring in Molecular and Cellular Biology.
- Be currently involved in research.
- Be in good academic standing (have a cumulative GPA of 2.500 or higher)
- Demonstrate financial need (have been offered need-based financial aid).
To apply, submit the following items in a packet to Marisa Lester, MCB Advising Office, Life Sciences South, Room 248, P.O. Box 210106, Tucson, AZ 85721-0106.
- A completed Application Form (Application)
- A personal statement addressing why this scholarship is important to you (two page maximum).
- An unofficial transcript.
- One letter of recommendation from your research advisor.
Application packets are due by noon on Friday, November 20th, 2015. Award winners will be notified within two weeks after submission.
Please direct questions to Marisa Lester at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 621-1073.
There are no Undergraduate Activities currently scheduled.