MCB is pleased to announce a special undergraduate research award for Summer 2018/Fall 2018. The Dottie Sams Research Awards are made possible by the generous bequest of southern Arizona community member Dottie Sams, in support of women studying STEM subjects.
MCB will award up to four scholarships of $5,000 each in Spring 2018 to fund research projects starting in Summer or Fall 2018.
- Female student
- Demonstrated financial need
- MCB Student (undergraduate or AMP)
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Personal Statement: one page, include brief outline of proposed research, including dates; future goals; how this award impacts research and other plans
- Resume: include education, honors/awards, grants/scholarships, research experience, professional affiliations, publications, community service
- Letter of Support: From PI of lab where proposed research project would be undertaken, confirming start date around May 1 or August 1 for the research.
- Budget: Justification of expenses up to $5,000 (can include cost of living, tuition, travel to scientific conference, research supplies)
Applications will be due in early spring. Awardees will be selected by the MCB awards committee and will be notified by early April. Successful applicants will be required to sign an agreement to provide a summary report of their research at the end of the project. Research project should take place over the course of a year.